Tuesday 5 August 2008

Getting Ready

We are going on holiday on Saturday to a remote corner of Norfolk where mobile phone signals are non existent and (hopefully) all the hype about the Olympics will pass us by. I know it hasn't even started yet but I am absolutely sick of hearing about the Olympics, am I the only person in the world who doesn't car a jot about it?

I always vow that I will be more organised next time when it comes to holiday packing, but when 'next time' comes I still find myself rushing to get everything done at the last minute. I have pages of lists, things to do, things to buy, things to find and of course things to pack. So far there are a pitiful number of ticks on my lists, I have to shift into a higher gear today otherwise we will never be ready on time. The boys 'Robbie and Sam' have a few new DVD's to take with them, but my favourite part of planning for a holiday is going off to buy a selection of magazines to take with me. No doubt Sam will want Empire magazine or something similar packed with information about films and DVD's. Robbie will choose a stack of railway magazines and perhaps he will throw in a railway magazine to keep me quiet, but my choice will be family history magazines and perhaps one about scrapbooking – I love scrapbooking.

Talking of family history, we have managed to get a bit further with Robbie's tree, we have found that relatives from another branch of his family went to USA too, and Robbie was delighted to find that one of his ancestors worked on the railways. His obsession with trains must be in his genes!

No comments: