Tuesday 8 January 2008

Rabbits and Parrots 15.01.07

Robbie made my sandwiches for work today, don't get the idea that he makes my lunch every day, he was just trying to win a few brownie points after some minor misdemeanour. When I opened my sandwiches at lunchtime there was a little sticker on the bag informing me that rabbits and parrots can see behind them without moving their heads. So now I can enjoy Robbie's random information even when he is at work!! Incidentally he was so busy thinking about rabbits that he forgot to cut the sandwich up, so I was left to gnaw away at it.

Robbie said I must write about how I got my revenge on him after he tried to make me watch Fred Dibnah on TV. It wasn't really revenge, I made him watch something that I liked instead, it is a program about building motorbikes, called American Chopper. I thought he would find it boring, but he didn't, in fact after a few minutes viewing he was providing a running commentary on the program and I was being distracted by murderous thoughts!

We had an entertaining time while eating our evening meal. Robbie was telling us about his eclectic taste in music which he attributes to the influence of John Peel. By the way eclectic is his 'word of the week' he is trying to broaden his vocabulary. For some reason the conversation turned to the Jackson Five, the children seem alarmingly well informed on the subject, but Robbie was woefully ignorant. He claimed that until today he had no idea that it was a male group, how ridiculous. His only excuse was that he was too young to remember them!

No comments: