Tuesday 8 January 2008

Decisions, Decisions. 14.01.07

I suppose after my first entry on the blog, you didn't ever think you'd see another entry from me....!!!

Well, what a weird weekend it has been. As Chris explained yesterday the garden fence had blown down and was laying on the lawn trying to look like decking. Meg (our neurotic border collie) does not like to be looked at especially by the scraggy mutt from next door but one and she was afraid to go out in the garden while the fence was down because everyone could see her. She likes walks, but the garden is her domain, she likes to have a wander and sniff around the garden, she checks on the rabbit and trades occasional insults with Archie the little dog next door. Meg may be a bit mad, but she is a lovely dog and we couldn't risk losing her, so while the fence was down she couldn't use the garden. She was disgusted!

The fence wasn't just a 'quick fix' job, it needed some DRASTIC first aid! I was faced with quite a dilemma, to go 'Plastic Pig' bashing for the last time or to have some 'QUALITY TIME' with Chris and do my duty and fix the fence. Decisions, decisions.....In the end I made as Chris described it 'my FIRST adult decision', to have a lie-in with my dear wife and then to fix the fence. I don't mind so much getting up to go 'cranking' or 'bashing' but on a weekend especially in the winter, you need to charge your batteries and think of yourself rather than trying to replicate the Monday to Friday getting up time of 05.45.....! In the end I made the RIGHT choice! The fence is now restored to an upright position, it will need more work, but at least Meg's routine has returned to normal. Tomorrow I have to re roof the shed!

No comments: