Tuesday 8 January 2008

A Good Little Wife!

Robbie told me that one of his colleagues said that he thought I would be shorter than Robbie, petite and a good little wife who does exactly what she is told. No wonder the railways are in such a mess if they employ Neanderthals! I suppose even someone whose cognitive processes have perished from neglect has to be correct once in a while by random chance, so I will admit that I am shorter than Robbie - in fact I'm shorter that most people! The rest is total balderdash. I would accuse him of reading too much Jane Austin, but that would assume he was capable of reading! Whatever the cause he seems to be stuck in some far off century, but he is deluding himself, women have never done as they were told! Why would they when they are clearly superior? God made Adam as a prototype, Eve was definitive version - and women have been giving men the run-around ever since! My mum always told me that women can do anything a man can do, but by using our brains and our common sense we can do it better than them! We may allow men to think they are taking charge when it suits us, but it is all smoke and mirrors, the women are in the driving seat!

Robbie describes me as strong, stubborn, determined, funny, clever, totally honest and outspoken. I can spot a lie instantly and Robbie is convinced that I can do a bit of mind reading too - he doesn't get away with very much! That is probably not what our 'friend from the north' had in mind when he suggested that I was a 'good little wife', but I don't intend to change for anyone. Robbie and I love each other and we respect each other for who we really are rather than trying to change each other. Our marriage is based on laughter and friendship as well as trust and all the usual stuff.

No comments: