Tuesday 8 January 2008

This Way to Plymouth, or Maybe That Way! 28.01.07

Robbie watched one of his DVD's this morning, about the southern holiday routes. He sat there on the bed like the Buddha, competing with the narrator, trying to squeeze in even more exciting little snippets of information about the routes and the stations. I now know all about the peculiarities of Exeter St Davids. Trains to Plymouth could enter and leave the station in opposite directions on either the Southern or Great Western line, that must have caused no end of confusion.

I finally coaxed him out of bed and after a bit of dithering he headed off to town to for the last little bits for Emily's birthday. I wrote him a list of what was needed including 4 sheets of gift wrap and he bought 4 pieces of wrapping paper, nothing more or less. I forgot that train planners have no imagination, when he got home he presented me with 4 sheets of the SAME paper and 2 identical gift tags! He got very upset when I refused to wrap everything up in the same paper because it would be boring. He asked how he was supposed to know if I didn't write down exactly what I wanted! I give up!!

No comments: