Friday 8 January 2010

Waiting For the Boots


The snow is becoming a real problem, the pavements are treacherous and only the main roads have been gritted, so the other roads are like ice rinks you take your life in your hands when you drive. Yesterday I took Sam to see the doctor, the roads leading to the surgery were really scary, but we got there in the end. Sam's severe headaches are caused by concussion, when he was so badly kicked and punched in the head his brain was badly shaken around and according to the doctor it will take weeks for the headaches and other symptoms to settle down. It makes me so angry that those thugs could do that to a younger lad and cause so much pain and upset.


Robbie had a 'man stress' yesterday evening because the Dr Marten Boots that I bought him were delivered while I was at the doctors and I had to rearrange delivery. They will be here today so it is not so long to wait, but he is not the most patient person and he found the hardship of waiting an extra day very frustrating. I wanted to buy him Dr Martens for Christmas but I wasn't confident that I would make the right choice, so I let him choose his own. He spent days looking at the various options and he found it very hard to decide what to buy, but I think he enjoyed the experience.

No comments: