Sunday 10 January 2010

As I Was Going Up The Stair ..................


We were cuddled up in bed this morning when Robbie started talking about Alice. I was confused, who was Alice? Was it another one of his women, a friend of Brenda perhaps? No he doesn't have a harem (as far as I know) he wasn't even talking about Alice. Apparently he was talking about the name of a company that provides road transport for railway locomotives. It is so nice to know that I have his full attention!!


Last night I had to abandon Robbie in the lounge, I tried to wake him up but he was deeply unpleasant. Apparently he woke up a few hours later and he couldn't move because his back was so painful. Eventually he managed to fall from the chair to the floor and there he remained on his hands and knees for more than five minutes. Eventually he managed to crawl upstairs to the bathroom, unfortunately I chose that moment to wake up and walk along to the bathroom. We made each other jump and we both shouted out. It reminded me of that poem 'As I was going up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there'. Robbie was real enough, but he really made me jump. When I got back from the bathroom Robbie was already sound asleep in bed and he was doing Ivor the Engine impressions - I give up!

No comments: