Thursday 14 January 2010

Making Demands

Robbie hasn't mentioned his egg box again - but I did find him staring into the fridge a couple of times! He was late home yesterday so it was after 9.30pm before we sat down with a cup of tea (coffee in his case). He told me that he was travelling east on Thursday, that didn't give me many clues, a trip to Moscow perhaps? I could imagine him in one of those Russian hats! He was actually going to Cambridge, it isn't all that far from Northampton but it is very hard to get there by train and he had to go via London.

The subject of Cambridge cropped up again when we went to bed. At 1.13am Robbie decided to run through every station on his route to Cambridge - whatever happened to counting sheep? I told him that I was sure he had Waterbeach and Ely the wrong way round, Waterbeach was before Ely. Robbie told me that I was wrong and he would prove it, the next thing I knew the light was on and I was all I could see was his rear end as he leaned out of bed to get his railway maps. He sat there thumbing through his books and moaning that we needed an extra copy of Bakers Railway Atlas so that he could keep one by his bed - great!

Finally he gave up on his maps and we settled down to sleep, but just as I was drifting off to sleep he woke me up making unreasonal demands - he wanted me to get him some beef dripping - yuck!

This morning was a rush, but Robbie had time to check his Bakers Railway Atlas and grudgingly he had to admit that I was right! He was not a happy man at all.

No comments: