Tuesday 5 January 2010

A Deaf Ear

My car came back yesterday it looks good but it feels strange driving it after the Nissan Note, I am really going to miss that hire car. I will be glad when the whole car saga is over and done with, it really annoys me to think that one act of total stupidity by a driver can cause so much inconvenience. He pulled out of a parking space without even looking because he was on the phone, I just hope it is causing him inconvenience too!

Robbie was in a terrible state yesterday, he could hardly walk. He admitted that he came to a complete standstill when he got to New Street because the pain in his back was so bad. It took him ages to get to work because he was so slow. I am worried about him getting stranded at work and being in so much pain that he couldn't get home, I don't know how I would manage to get him back.

For months (well years actually) I have been teased by Robbie and the children about being deaf. It turns out that they were right, I went to see the consultant yesterday and the tests have showed that I have nerve damage and I can't hear a range of frequencies in my right ear. There is nothing they can do and a hearing aid will not help, so it is just a case of getting used to it. I have to have an MRI scan just to rule out any other problems but assuming that is OK there is nothing else to do about it. When I told Robbie and Sam about it I didn't expect them to be devastated, but I was a bit hurt by their giggles, I don't know why a hearing problem should amuse them. Oh well, boys will be boys!

No comments: