Thursday 11 September 2008

Rain Dance

When will it stop raining? I am so fed up with all this miserable weather, if it continues like this we will soon need an ark instead of a house. On Saturday it rained so heavily that the front and back gardens were covered in water. Robbie was off on his rail tour, but when I told him about it he didn't seem that bothered, he just told me about all the problems with flooding that had affected the railways. The standing water soaked away after a few hours but the constant rain means the ground is waterlogged. Robbie still hasn't finished putting the fence up because it is too wet, and Meg the dog (who has feet like a cart horse) trails muddy footprints through the house every time she goes out for a walk. Robbie says he gets blamed for most things that go wrong in the house and I am beginning to wonder if he has been doing a 'rain dance' to avoid doing the fence. He had used up every other excuse for delay and it had become a very sore subject, so bad weather was about the only way left to avoid finishing the job. I wonder if he will get it done this weekend? I will not be holding my breath!

No comments: