Monday 22 September 2008

A Question of Taste

Robbie informed me on Friday that he had bought me some amazing presents and a really original card for my birthday. I had asked for money, because Robbie doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to choosing presents, but if he was pleased with his choice I was prepared to at least try to like it. The box looked suspiciously like a train set, that would have been OK, but it wasn't a train, when I opened it I was confronted by a truly hideous clock with lines and blocks of clashing colours. It wasn't much use as a clock as it didn't have numbers on it and I couldn't imagine what possessed Robbie to choose it. He explained that it was the test card, why would I want the test card on a clock with no numbers? Robbie's answer was because it is retro and I can remember the test card – I can remember castor oil, it doesn't mean I want more of it!! I was still trying to like the clock when Robbie started asking about where we could put it, when I said no to the lounge he wanted to put it in the bedroom, I couldn't cope with that it would have given me nightmares! I think I will get my revenge on his colleagues who encouraged him to buy it – he can take it to work!

No comments: