Tuesday 23 September 2008

Better News

The news on my step father was a little better yesterday. So far he is recovering well from his surgery, but he seems to be struggling a bit with his short term memory, he was fairly convinced that it was 1998! Visiting hours are from 3pm-8pm so I took my mum and Emily to Oxford and then my brother picked them up later. David was very relieved to see them because he knew that he was in hospital but he couldn't work out why or what had happened to everyone else and he didn't know if anyone knew where he was. Poor David, at least he seems to be on the mend. I hope they will move him back to Northampton soon because it is a horrible journey to Oxford.

Now that we have better news about David I can focus on writing a bit more about my Birthday. I wrote yesterday about a very random present from Robbie, but the weird clock was relatively normal compared to the card he bought me. When he gave it to me he was really excited and when I first looked at it I thought he had made it himself because it was made of felt scraps, but on closer inspection I found it was a Fuzzy Felts card. His reason for buying it was typically Robbie “well, it's retro” it was a nice thought but it didn't have any words in it and I like nice words in a card. I had a number of other lovely cards and Sam bought me a very funny card, it made me laugh out loud. As for Robbie I think I will get hold of a war time recipe book and make him a meal using only what would have been available in the days of rationing – I wonder if he would be so keen on retro then! I'm not really moaning, he may be weird but when it matters he is fantastic, I don't know how I would have coped with all the worry at the weekend without him there to help.

No comments: