Thursday 15 July 2010

A Very Special Day


Yesterday was Emily's graduation, it was a very special day and we all felt very proud of her as she received her degree. She wasn't impress with what she had to wear, the gown was OK, but Emily doesn't do head-wear and she really struggled with the cap, it sat on top of her head like a pimple and looked as if it would fall off with the slightest movement.

As always with important events it is always the trivial things that take on a greater significance than they should. I took a spare blouse because I have a bit of a reputation for spilling things and when we went for lunch I was extra careful. I really shouldn't have been tempted by the cheese and tomato panini, especially one containing red Leicester cheese. I kept my blouse spotless but a small blob of orange coloured cheese escaped onto my skirt right in the middle at the front where it would be obvious to everyone. Desperate times call for desperate measures, the only thing I had available was hand sanitiser, thankfully it worked well enough to leave hardly any trace of the stain and I was able to enjoy the ceremony without worrying about my skirt.

It was lovely that Robbie was able to be there to share in the day, an added bonus for him was a sighting of a particular kind of bus, it looked like any old bus to me, but Robbie went into a state of rapture when he saw it. As if trains weren't bad enough we have to cope with bus spotting as well!!

No comments: