Thursday 8 July 2010

A Moment of Panic

I was just getting ready to go to work yesterday when the phone rang. As always I had to sprint downstairs from the bathroom before the answer service cut in. A worried female voice at the other end asked if it was me, then she identified herself as Emily's friend Fi. Panic set in as soon as I realised who it was because Emily is away on holiday with a group of friends including Fi, if Fi was ringing something must have happened to Emily and her boyfriend. As it turned out Emily and everyone was was fine, they had all decided to cycle the Camel Trail from Padstow to Wadebridge, but Fi and her boyfriend were a bit slower than the others and they got lost. They did not have their mobile phones with them so Fi rang me from a pay phone to ask me to contact Emily. The others had to do a lot of cycling to find them, but in the end they were all reunited. I guess it is hard to keep a mobile charged when you are camping, but it shows how important it is to have a phone on a trip like that.

No comments: