Tuesday 15 April 2008

Running Late

I nearly had to put Robbie's dinner in the dog yesterday evening, he got delayed at work - again! Just being an hour later throws our whole evening into confusion, it gets very complicated to try to provide the whole family with a meal at the same time, usually there is always someone who has to eat later, it drives me mad.

When he finally got home Robbie got a bit huffy because I had bought myself a book, it was about railway history in Northamptonshire, it's really interesting, but he seems to think that all train books in the house have to be chosen by him. He was bursting to read it, but he wouldn't because he kept stressing that it was my book - what nonsense!

We overslept this morning, I remember waking Robbie up, but he must have gone back to sleep because he was racing around on 'fast forward' trying to get out on time to get his next train. He rang me later to say that he got the train with 2 minutes to spare. I am used to him giving me a detailed account of all his journeys with accurate timing, but it wasn't until this morning that something triggered a distant memory in my mind. Reginald Perrin! He used to entertain the women in his life with mind blowingly boring detail about his daily journey's to and from work. At least Robbie is rather less predictable than Reginald Perrin, but he is irritating sometimes, I have to beg him to stop talking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like books that have photos of old stations and lines that are no longer with us and I just love steam trains.

There's a lovely walk along the river valley below Alton Towers, that is a defunct railway line. I forget now the name of the station, which was a lovely building. All that is left now is the platform but you can walk several miles along the old line as it is open to the public. We came home from there and I was straight on the internet, to get a book on the lost lines and stations of Staffordshire.

Linda

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/GeorgeMansions/