Thursday 17 April 2008

Bird Watching

Robbie managed to get home on time yesterday so finally able to get the tyre pressure and all the other car related jobs done. Not only did he get home on time, he also managed a whole day without tearing his shirt or damaging anything else, so that was a bit of an achievement by recent standards!

Emily Laura and Sam are going to London today so I was looking forward to a relatively quiet day to get on with my work, but things aren't looking good so far. Sam and I have had the usual battle about what he will wear and this has resulted in a bit of a strop from Sam. He favours the 'unironed' look, while I demand a minimum standard of basic hygiene and appearance, so it is always a bit of a challenge to find an acceptable compromise. Teenage boys really are unfathomable! Oreo is in one of those mischievous moods and he is already driving me mad. He has been charging around the house playing with an elastic hair band, it is hard to believe one young cat can create so much devastation. He played skittles with one of my vases and he knocked over a whole pile of ironed clothes, so he isn't a popular chap. He went to sit by Emily's bedroom door and I thought he wanted some fuss from her before she goes back to university at the weekend. I let him in, Emily was still half asleep but she soon woke up because Oreo wanted to use her window for a spot of bird watching, so he stood on her head to look through the window!!

No comments: