Sunday 6 April 2008

He Cant Get the Lead in His Pencil

I have written about Robbie's obsession with pens and pencils many times, He is particularly attached to his propelling pencil and he always carries a little container with an ample supply of spare leads because he dreads being caught out with no lead for his pencil. I assume he uses it when doing his plans and timetables, I have never asked because I'm scared he would tell me - in detail!

Robbie stayed at home this afternoon because he was feeling unwell, but I had to pop out to see my mum for a couple of hours. When I returned he was in a state of confusion because he could not get his lead into his pencil. It seems a broken lead is stuck in it and it refuses to come out. When compared with the troubles of the world this a fairly minor matter, but Robbie has kept up a running commentary all evening on the state of the lead in his pencil. He has operated on it with a fine needle and other improvised tools, but still he has no lead in his pencil and I have no prospect of peace. I am faced with two choices, either I will have to harm him or I will have to go and buy him a new pencil!

No comments: