Tuesday 8 September 2009

The Kitchen Police

Robbie is still moaning about the 'unauthorised' knives I bought. I really don't understand him, he says that it will cause extra washing up, I hardly think that three knives and some extra tea spoons are going to cause much difference. I only bought them because he was moaning last week that we had some missing knives, and in our house tea spoons seem to the same place that scissors and biros disappear to. I think his real reason for objecting is that they don't quite match the others and that annoys him, we have a set of best cuttlery and we even have a very posh set that hardly ever gets used, but Uri Geller's understudy lives in our house, so for every day we have cuttlery that can easily be replaced.



Sam went back to school yesterday, being a typical fourteen year old he had been very difficult trying on his new school trousers so that I could turn them up. He took them upstairs, tried them on and came down carrying them, he wouldn't let me see him with them on, but he showed me how much needed turning up. So at the weekend I carefully turned up one pair, on Monday morning he put them on and they were ankle bashers, so I had to hurriedly sew the second pair to the correct length! Typical boy, a little more effort on his part in the first place would have meant a lot of effort for me! this morning I have to adjust pair one to the correct length and turn up pair three, thankfully I didnt have enough faith in Sam's measurements to turn up all three pairs on Sunday!

No comments: