Tuesday 15 September 2009

Beware of Surprises.


Next week is my birthday, it is not an event that I look forward to for all sorts of reasons, but there is one thing that really scares me - surprises. I don't like surprises and I especially don't like the sort of surprises that Robbie dreams up. He always asks what I would like for my birthday, I don't really need anything but I give him a few ideas, but he always says that he will surprise me. Last year it was the clock, the one with the test card on it, it was more of a shock than a surprise. I tried really hard to like it, I even put it on the wall but it felt as if it was taking over the room, it was either me or the clock.. I have spent the rest of the year trying to loose it! I even suggested that he should have it at work, but apparently he doesn't have anywhere to hang it. It is a huge thing, and it would swamp any normal sized room, so before you decide that I am a horrible, ungrateful person, ask yourself if you could live with a clock like that. I would have much preferred a day with Robbie instead of a present.

No comments: