Tuesday 2 March 2010

Choosing Cards

Why is it so difficult to find a card with suitable words? Today I went to buy a birthday card for Robbie's step mother and mothers day cards for my mother in law and my mum. You can find cards with stepmother on but the words are totally over the top, it is easier to buy a nice card without trying to find one with step mother on it. It is still hard to find nice meaningful words without being insincere, they either seem to have really sloppy words or just best wishes, it is hard to find something in the middle. The mothers day cards are no easier, my mother in law is not my Mother and her son is dead so I need to find one that doesn't say mum and doesn't wish her the happiest day of her life. Once I have met that tall order I need to find cards that say Grandma, not Gran, Granny, Nan or Nanny, only Grandma will do and it is so hard to find one with a nice picture and nice words.

No comments: