Wednesday 17 November 2010

Music at his Fingertips

I should be used to Robbie by now, but he still manages to surprise me. For a few days he had been asking to be taken to Blacks to buy some gloves. It seemed like a reasonable request, after all it is very cold early in the morning when he catches the train, so anything that makes him feel more comfortable has to be a good thing. I had forgotten one thing, wit Robbie you always have to expect the unexpected..............

On Sunday we were heading to my mum's for the afternoon, but we took a diversion to Blacks so that Robbie could buy his gloves. He said it wouldn't take long, so I waited in the car while Robbie headed towards the shop. I was just starting to wonder if I should send out a search party when Robbie came trotting across the car park with a huge grin on his face. When he got in the car he was loud and over excited, and I began to wonder if he'd had too many blue Smarties. How can anyone get so excited about a pair of gloves?

As I drove off Robbie tried on his gloves, they are not exactly what I expected. They were black with grippers on the palms and silver pads on the finger and thumb. Emily said they made him look like a magician while I thought he looked more like a mime artist, but our teasing didn't seem to dampen his enthusiasm at all. He explained in great detail that the silver tips enable him to use his ipod without having to take his gloves off! Apparently they are called etip gloves I am not sure what they are made of, but judging by the price they should be covered in gold leaf!

No comments: