Tuesday 6 August 2013

'You either get Norfolk, with its wild roughness and uncultivated oddities, or you don't. It's not all soft and lovely. It doesn't ask to be loved.' - Stephen Fry

Monday 5th August

It was another lovely sunny day and rather a lazy day from our point of view. We spent the morning enjoying the sunshine and doing our own thing - in my case I was getting on with some writing and Robbie was absorbed on his railway magazines. It is nice that they bring him so much enjoyment but I wish he didn't feel the need to share every little gem of information with me because it makes it very hard to for me to focus on what I'm doing. I really shouldn't grumble, it is nice that he wants to share things with me.

In the early afternoon, we went for a drive to North Walsham. I love the roads around Walcott and my favourite route to North Walsham takes me past some beautiful countryside and a couple of lovely villages. People say that Norfolk is flat, it is certainly flatter than Northamptonshire but it is not really flat and certainly not boring, it has a unique beauty of its own with stunningly beautiful skies.

The evening sky at Walcott
We didn't eat out today after a walk by the sea we cooked chicken with peppercorn sauce. It was going to be hunters chicken but Robbie decided otherwise. I was a lovely meal, but I couldn't persuade Robbie to eat any vegetables, but at least I tried.

No comments: