Saturday 1 October 2011

Good Advice - Keep Your Mouth Shut!

Sometimes I wonder about my fellow human beings, they say and do some really stupid things at times, if only they would stop and think first! At the checkout in a toyshop a 'normal' looking woman began shouting at a member of staff. She had bought a dolls twin buggy and was complaining that the shop did not sell twin dolls. The member of staff explained to her that she could buy two identical dolls of her choice, or she could choose dolls with the same features but different outfits, or even a boy and a girl doll from the same range! The woman continued to shout and swear and insisted that it would be no good unless it said 'twin' on the box!! 


'Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent' Proverbs 17.28 


In the same toy shop I spotted a display of Smurf figures. It reminded me of visiting Roy's Toys in Wroxham with Robbie, when he saw the Smurfs he was so excited that he practically jumped up and down and begged to buy one. Anyway, I was looking at a box containing a set of Smurfs and I realised how closely they represented the many faces of Robbie. Before he takes offence I'd better explain. There is one with (almost) Robbie type glasses carrying a book, it reminds me of the countless times he says "Did you know ..........................." There is one with red trousers (enough said on that subject in my recent post), there is one with a daft grin and one with his arms folded looking very moody. Even the one in the kilt reminds me of Robbie because he never misses an opportunity to show off the Burgess legs! There is also a female Smurf (Smurfette) I am not suggesting that Robbie is a closet tranny, of course not, he has no problem being in touch with his feminine side. He often tells me that he was just as happy to play with Barbie dolls with his cousin as to play with his beloved Tonka toys. I tried to make sure that my own children were brought up in the same way. 


So which of those Smurfs is my favourite? that is easy, it has to be Grouchy because that expression is so like Robbie when he has a strop! 

No comments: